Discipleship and mission is the main focus of Crossnet lived out in different ways.
1. We focus on the Word (the Bible) and the Holy Spirit;
2. Discipleship is defined by Jesus in three leading statements:
• If you hold to my teaching you are truly my disciples - John 8:31
• By this all men will know that you are my disciples,
if you love one another - John 13:35
• This is to my Father's glory that you bear much fruit
showing yourselves to be my disciples - John 15:8
3. So we teach the Bible publicly, we study it privately,
and we encourage each other to live it out in the following ways;
• We try and practice hospitality
• We are learning to be a loving community
• We seek to serve the vulnerable and deprived
• We are learning how to tell people about Jesus and the Gospel
In 2011 those committed to Crossnet formed a community, to try to more intentionally support and encourage each other in daily discipleship as we seek to show who Jesus is through who we are.
Since we started over 200 people have been committed members of Crossnet, and many maintain links with the community. It is amazing to see the ranges of ministries that are being led by or served by people who have journeyed and continue to journey with us.